Helicopter Tour Over Grand Canyon From Tusayan
Lowest Price Guarantee • Reserve Now Pay Later • Free Cancellation •
Imagine the Grand Canyon beneath you, sprawling vast and deep, as you soar above its grandeur in a state-of-the-art helicopter. The earth’s greatest chasm, carved over millions of years, opens up as a majestic tapestry of natural history.
With the wind as your companion, embark on a 45-minute flight that offers an unrivaled perspective of this natural wonder. Feel the thrill of flying over the rim, descending a mile to its floor, over the storied Dragon Corridor, to Imperial Point, and beyond.
Marvel at the Colorado River’s serpentine path from above and immerse in the storytelling of the in-flight narration, unfolding the canyon’s secrets as you fly. Should your heart seek more, an optional Hummer tour on the ground allows the Grand Canyon to be experienced from yet another thrilling vantage point.
- Experience the depth of the Grand Canyon, flying over both North and South Rims.
- Gaze down at the legendary Dragon Corridor and the storied Colorado River.
- Learn about the canyon’s geological and cultural history through in-flight narration.
- Observe the bordering expanse of the Kaibab National Forest from the sky.
- Option to complement the aerial view with an intimate Hummer tour on the ground.
What You’ll See
1. Grand Canyon National Park
Witness the canyon in its most awe-inspiring stretch, where the width and depth are the greatest. The visual narrative of Earth’s history is revealed in the colorful stratigraphy exposed by the sheer cliffs. Your eyes will trace the lines of geological time, a mosaic written over 2 billion years.
2. Kaibab National Forest
Bordering both the North and South Rims, the Kaibab National Forest is a green crown on the canyon’s head. Watch the dense forest give way to the bare rock, a stark contrast that underscores the diversity of the Arizona landscape.
3. Grand Canyon North Rim
The North Rim presents a more secluded and forested entry point to the canyon. Although less frequented, its rugged charm is unmatched. From your aerial perch, appreciate its quieter beauty, less touched by human presence.
4. Colorado River
The Colorado River is the Grand Canyon’s master sculptor. You’ll catch sight of this mighty waterway winding its course, the lifeblood of the canyon, vital to the ecosystems within and beyond its walls.
5. Grand Canyon South Rim
The South Rim is where the Grand Canyon’s drama unfolds most vividly. Most iconic vistas and historic sites are perched along this rim. In flight, you’ll circle the South Rim, taking in the expansive views, the grandiosity of the landscapes embedded in your memory.
What’s Not Included
- The USD15 per person fuel surcharge for bookings after March 21, 2022.
- The 2-hour Hummer tour, unless you’ve selected this option.
- Pick-up and drop-off services from your hotel.
- Meals and beverages during the tour.
- Tips and gratuities for your pilot and tour guides.
Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours
3568 Airport Rd
Grand Canyon Village
AZ 86023, USA
Ensure punctuality by arriving 30 minutes before your chosen activity start time. Your journey both starts and ends here.
- “Great experience… very smooth ride” – JOHN_S
- “The moment we dropped into the canyon… amazing!!” – Willa_Y
- “Highly recommended experience… Cameron was our pilot and he was awesome.” – Lori_R
- “Helicopter Ride ⭐️… Thanks ride was awesome!” – Melissa_B
- “SO WORTH THE MONEY!!” – Michelle_G
- “Highlight of trip to Grand Canyon… Grand kids thought it was the best trip ever.” – David_B
- “Best experience on our trip… Natalie was our pilot and she was great!” – Viola_G
- “Beautiful scenes, smooth ride, great music.” – Debby_H
- “Breathtaking views!” – Wendy_H
- “Great Grand Canyon chopper tour with a very nice guide.” – Dirk_C
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the helicopter tour suitable for children?
A: Absolutely! Children of all ages are left in awe by the canyon’s majesty. The provided headphones make the experience comfortable for young flyers, and the sights leave a lasting impression.
Q: What should we bring for a family taking the tour?
A: Bring cameras, sunscreen, sunglasses, and perhaps light jackets depending on the weather. Most importantly, bring your sense of adventure!
Q: Are there any age or weight restrictions for the helicopter tour?
A: There are no age restrictions, but for safety reasons, weight restrictions may apply. It’s best to check with the tour operator when booking.
Q: Can we bring snacks for our kids?
A: Due to safety regulations, food and drinks are not permitted on the helicopter, but you can enjoy snacks before or after your flight at the terminal.
Q: How many people can the helicopter accommodate?
A: This varies by the type of helicopter, but typically, these tours accommodate 6 to 7 passengers plus the pilot.