How Much Does It Cost to Ride a Camel In Dubai?
Dubai, the land of luxury and excess, is known for its magnificent skyscrapers, stunning beaches, and expansive shopping malls. However, one of the most iconic experiences in this Emirati city is the camel ride.
A trip to Dubai would be incomplete without exploring the golden desert sands on the back of these gentle, towering animals.
In this article, we will dive deep into the costs of camel rides in Dubai and the various options available for tourists to choose from.
- Costs for camel rides vary depending on the type of experience and tour provider
- Short camel rides (around 10-15 minutes) cost between AED 50-100 ($13-$27) per person
- Longer camel rides (1-2 hours) can range from AED 250-400 ($68-$109) per person
- Camel trekking (half-day or full-day) may cost anywhere between AED 500-1,500 ($136-$408) per person
- Luxury camel safari packages can go up to AED 2,500 ($680) per person or more
Short Camel Rides: 10-15 Minutes
Short camel rides are a popular option for tourists who want to experience riding a camel without investing too much time or money.
These rides typically last for about 10-15 minutes and are often included as part of a desert safari package.
The cost for a short camel ride ranges between AED 50-100 ($13-$27) per person, making it an affordable and fun experience for visitors.
Longer Camel Rides: 1-2 Hours
For those who wish to spend more time exploring the desert landscape atop a camel, longer rides are available.
These rides usually last for about 1-2 hours and provide an opportunity for tourists to get a more immersive experience of the desert.
Prices for longer camel rides vary depending on the tour provider and the specific package, but generally range from AED 250-400 ($68-$109) per person.
Camel Trekking: Half-Day or Full-Day Excursions
Camel trekking offers an even more in-depth experience, allowing tourists to spend half a day or a full day traversing the desert on camelback.
These excursions often include additional activities such as sandboarding, dune bashing, and visits to Bedouin camps, where guests can enjoy traditional Emirati cuisine, henna painting, and live entertainment.
Camel ride packages can cost anywhere between AED 500-1,500 ($136-$408) per person, depending on the duration and the inclusions.
Luxury Camel Safari Packages
For visitors who desire an opulent camel riding experience, luxury camel desert safari tour packages are available.
These high-end offerings often feature private camel rides, exclusive desert camps, gourmet meals, and other upscale amenities.
Prices for luxury camel safari packages can start at AED 2,500 ($680) per person or more, depending on the level of luxury and exclusivity desired.
Things to Consider When Booking a Camel Ride in Dubai
- Research different tour providers and read customer reviews to ensure that you choose a reputable and reliable operator
- Ensure that the tour provider follows ethical practices and treats the camels with care and respect
- Consider the duration of the camel ride, the inclusions, and your personal preferences when selecting a package
- Keep in mind that camel rides are not recommended for pregnant women, individuals with back problems, or those with mobility issues
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and comfortable clothing for your camel ride experience
- Visit Dubai: Camel Riding in Dubai. https://www.visitdubai.com/en/articles/family-fun-in-the-desert
- Platinum Heritage: https://www.platinum-heritage.com/
- Arabian Adventures: Camel Trekking in Dubai. https://www.arabian-adventures.com/
- OceanAir Travels: https://www.oceanairtravels.com/attractions/
- Rayna Tours: https://www.raynatours.com/
- Dubai Desert Safari: https://www.dubaidesertsafari.com/